Department: Global Procurement (Purchasing)
Location: Miami, FL
Position Type: Full Time
The purchasing analyst's main job duty is to assess the effectiveness of the supply chain system pertaining to supplier relationships with the Company. The purchasing analyst keeps a record of all supplier performance reports and intervenes if there is a dispute between the supplier and the organization concerning items, prices, shipments and distributed products. As part of the Supply Chain cycle, the position is specifically responsible for monitoring the Deliveries/Pick-ups to the Ships for direct shipments or Orders from the Warehouse(s) to the Company’s Vessels. The purchasing analyst ensures that the strategic goals, policies and procedures of the Supply Chain process for the organization are followed when carrying out procedures for purchased items from cradle to grave.
• Monitor and follow up on discrepancies with respect to Receiving by the Ships.
• Report on Supplier performance including late deliveries, backorders, over shipments, etc.
• Report on Contract Performance for new Contracts.
• Perform cost analysis for projects being considered for competitive market bids.
• Assist with special projects including usage/consumption, Inventory cost analysis identifying areas for potential cost improvements.
• Assist in the development and implementation of department goals, company policies and procedures with respect to the Supply Chain Cycle.
• Perform additional related tasks as needed.
The purchasing analyst must have strong analytical, arithmetic and communication skills and must have a strong background in business management. The purchasing analyst works in an environment with the Purchasing Agents, Purchasing Directors and Logistics. The Purchasing Analyst will also work with the Supply Chain MIS systems and IT in order to obtain specialized reports from those systems. Computer Applications knowledge is also a required skill.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Financial/Business Management, Supply Chain Management or other relevant Business relevant studies
• Minimum 5 years of direct experience in corporate work environment.
• Knowledge of supply chain principles, practices, administration and procedures
• Advanced MS Excel Skill set and proficient in Microsoft Office Word and Visio
• Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality and exercise discretion in all aspects of Contract Negotiations, Internal Costs structures, etc.
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with ability to effectively interface with employees and managers to enhance a positive work environment
• Strong organization, analytical and problem solving skills
• Team player with self-starter attitude and ability to work independently and meet deadlines
*This is a required field to submit
Upload your Resume
Please upload your resume in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
File size must be less than 5 MB